The birth of a baby is an exciting and a special time. With that excitement comes the added excitement of planning a christening or a baby blessing. Part of planning a christening is deciding what kind of christening gown or outfit to purchase.
There are lots of things to consider such as style and how much you want to spend on a gown. Along with these considerations it is important to consider the fabric the gown is made out of. For a baby cotton christening gowns are good choices because a newborn baby's skin is so delicate. Here are some reasons why a cotton christening gown makes sense for you your baby at his or her christening:
- Cotton is a 100% natural fabric.
- Cotton clothing is soft and will not rub abrasively against a newborn's delicate skin.
- Cotton fabric is breathable and will absorb moisture from your baby's skin.
- Since cotton is a natural fabric, it is non allergenic. You won't have to worry about your baby getting eczema or a rash.
- Cotton is a good fabric to wear for babies or children who suffer from asthma. Unlike other fabrics cotton does not shed small particulate matter that can trigger an asthma attack.
- Cotton fabrics can be washed easily.
- Synthetic products often are treated with chemicals. These chemicals can cause rashes. Cotton fabrics on the other hand are not treated with chemicals.
- Cotton is great for the environment since it is 100% natural.
Along with this, cotton christening gowns look gorgeous on babies. We have a good selection of cotton gowns in a variety of styles. Here are a few of the cotton gowns we offer:
- Girls White Cotton Short Sleeve Christening Baptism Gown with Hand Embroidery, 33" Length
- Girls Hand Smocked Christening Baptism Cotton Gown, 32" Length
- Girls Cotton Short Sleeve Christening Gown with Hand Embroidery, 33" Length
- Girls Cotton Short Sleeve Dress Christening Baptism Gown with Lace and Ribbon, 30" Length